Adam & I went cross country skiing last Saturday at Brighton. Adam had a clever gift for my for my birthday, he took my skis into REI to get waxed and tuned up. I loved it! Adam and I used to cross country ski A LOT when we were dating a married with no kids (we lived in Idaho at the time so there was a lot more options of open land to ski on than in Utah). We haven't been out for a while, so it was great. Adam packed some thermoses of hot chocolate and cider to have on our trip- I guess he's got me figured out. Felt like old times and good times together. 

This guy is the BEST!

All the smog and fog here in SLC is really getting me down! Talk about winter blues, we can't even see across the street to WINCO anymore! Last minute Friday, Adam and I decided to pack up and go to Rock Springs and surprise my dad for dinner. We didn't get there until 7pm and left Saturday afternoon by 12pm, so it was a really quick trip BUT we got to see sunshine and breath fresh air!


This guy is the BEST!
All the smog and fog here in SLC is really getting me down! Talk about winter blues, we can't even see across the street to WINCO anymore! Last minute Friday, Adam and I decided to pack up and go to Rock Springs and surprise my dad for dinner. We didn't get there until 7pm and left Saturday afternoon by 12pm, so it was a really quick trip BUT we got to see sunshine and breath fresh air!
Saturday morning my dad took me flying in his plane. He used to drag me when I was a teenager- should have been more grateful at the time. Usually when we go to RS, Adam goes flying with my dad but this time I went. He got a new plane since last time I flew with him (which has been years) so I got to have a test drive of the beauty. My dad loves to fly and he does a great job too. Wish Adam could have come too, but the kids are WAY to young still to go up. Luckily the camera was in my purse, so I took a few pics.

Tons of controls. I got to fly the plane a little but couldn't keep track of all that you have to look at. Who says men aren't multi-taskers, this is hard work!

Frozen Wyoming dirt. Yep, this is pretty much what Rock Springs looks like in the winter. Winter is long, cold, and windy. I'm starting to realize why my parents always traveled on weekends year round to get out of town.
When we were pulling back into our house here in Utah, Adam says to me, "I never thought I would want to be in Rock Springs over Salt Lake, but this air stinks!" It was a nice break and a fun time. I have to admit, I still like coming home to Rock Springs. Adam and I got some time to read together in the car too, which was fun. All in all some good Saturdays.

Tons of controls. I got to fly the plane a little but couldn't keep track of all that you have to look at. Who says men aren't multi-taskers, this is hard work!
Frozen Wyoming dirt. Yep, this is pretty much what Rock Springs looks like in the winter. Winter is long, cold, and windy. I'm starting to realize why my parents always traveled on weekends year round to get out of town.
When we were pulling back into our house here in Utah, Adam says to me, "I never thought I would want to be in Rock Springs over Salt Lake, but this air stinks!" It was a nice break and a fun time. I have to admit, I still like coming home to Rock Springs. Adam and I got some time to read together in the car too, which was fun. All in all some good Saturdays.




What a fun date! It looks like a blast! Glad that you were able to get away for a day.
ReplyDeleteHow fun, I'm glad you got to get out and do some fun things and a little jealous:}
ReplyDeleteWhat a great husband you do have!! Sometimes I wish mine would think of things like that...but oh well!!! Way to go Adam!
ReplyDeleteWe sometimes just pack up and go to Wyoming too! Sometimes those are the best trips we have!!!
We're jealous you guys got to go skiing, we miss the snow. We can't wait to see everybody this summer!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday and well spent time with your Dad. I love flying with mine - it is the best alone time ever -although my kids always win my Dad's heart over with flying before I do! Glad to see you smiling!
ReplyDeleteAllison, you look so happy in these pictures! It looks like a great time. There's a great beauty you possess. So amazing.
ReplyDeleteAdam gets an A++ in the hubby department, awesome date!!!!!! you guys look great (um, seriously Al, can you tone it down just a LITTLE for us... you're making the rest of us bloggers look bad with your perfect hair days and skinny arse)!!!
ReplyDeleteTed looks totally and completely, utterly at peace in his plane.... gotta love that man!! ps. Rock springs air is oh-so sweet.... remember in the summer, if you got too close to the sewage or by the Bitter Creek... it smelled like fecal matter and corpses... ahhhh home.
That's the worst part about Utah... I'm also gettting sick of this junk in the air. I'm glad you got to get out and breathe for a while!
ReplyDelete