Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Haircuts

Max was hanging out with his lion the other day and I was noticing how similar their hair was looking lately. I've been putting off getting Max's haircut because I still want him to be my baby and not be too grown up yet, but I think it was time- so. . .

We drove down to Cookie Cutters (Grace had an appointment anyway) and Max got his first haircut. He did great and she still left it long, just trimmed up so I was happy. Melanie is the girl that always cuts Grace's hair and she is so sweet and great. I was thinking of my mom a lot because she was there in that same store, with the same girl for Grace's first haircut. I'm sure she caught a glimpse for a minute or too.
The pictures aren't great at showing the details but now we have a distinct lack of mullet in the back and long sides. He's a handsome 'little guy' in Grace's words.




7 comments:

  1. He is just too cute. I love the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! If you're ever missing your mom too much, just look at little Max. :)
    I love the lion. It's perfect. We had the same realization with Simon when we got him a stuffed monkey at 6 months old. They were like twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of Max and his lion with similar do's.. he's growing up!! I agree with Ami, Max and your mom have a lot of the same features! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max is a "handsome little guy"! Kobe had so much fun playing with Grace and Max he will ask for them now. It will be fun seeing you again in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! What a cute Max! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm so glad you found me! I've been wondering what you guys have been up to, and a cruise to Mexico, quite the adventure! And Al, I didn't know you're mom passed away. I knew she was sick and I had been hoping things were ok. I'm so sorry, and I love you and miss you. You guys all look great. You're kids are seriously gorgeous, nice work. Can we get together, I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't stay in touch like I should. I am very sorry to hear about your mom and hope that you find the peace and comfort that you are looking for. On a brighter note, your little ones are DARLING. Now I know that you have a blog, I will be checking it regularly.

    ReplyDelete