Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Grace Update

Grace had a busy January. Even though we didn't even make it out of town (which is strange for us), she got some fun things in.
Adam took Grace cross country skiing in Kamas at the beginning of January. It was supposed to be a family event, but in the end I sent these two packin'. Adam said Grace took to x-country skiing 'like a fish to water'. I couldn't be more proud as this is one of my ultimately favorite things to do- having a kid like it is the frosting on the cake! or cupcake according to Grace.
Adam forgot the camera to capture the 'first moments' so we snagged these when she got home. . . . The backyard isn't the Great Outdoors, but it worked for some documentation.


I got a denim jacket for my birthday from Great Grandma Connie, so Grace had to sport hers so we could be twins one day.
We had a BIG surprise one morning at breakfast.
Grace lost her first tooth!
Adam and I didn't even know she had a loose tooth, and while nibbling the frosting off of her mini wheats, a tiny tooth popped out.
Grace's reaction: I'm so happy I could cry!
It was awesome and crazy at the same time.
We had our first visit from the tooth fairy and it all went well.
Mas is now convinced he has a loose tooth too.
Adam and I weren't sure what to do or think, but it all worked out.
I'm sure we have many more of these to come.
Grace pirate.

Grace's cooking show with sidekick Max.

Catching up with some good friends- and of course and ice cream cone at the McDonald's playland.
A few new things for Grace to start off 2011:
*She is in CTR 6 this year for church.
Boy did she love that new green CTR ring from her teachers.
*Grace and Max had their first sleepover at Grandma J & Grandpa's house-
it went well.
*Grace is still loving babies.
Last week she used her whole body to shade Baby Maddie from some sun coming in through the blinds. That is love, wish I had the picture, it was hilarious.
We love Grace. She sure brings lots of excitement to our lives.

3 comments:

  1. How fun that she loves cross country skiing. I love those pictures. She is so cute Allison. We loved having her over to play today. We definitely need to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the tooth!! She looks so big skiing!! She is so cute Al!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That girl is pretty much the most rockingest girl ever!!! From the cross country skiing (totally your girl) to the pirate duds... she's awesome!

    Congrats on losing that tooth! What a big day

    ReplyDelete