Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Year.

The kids and I tried to make cookies the other day.
The cookies went terribly wrong.
Something possessed me (maybe because I was chatting on the phone) to let them play in the flour.
The kitchen and kids were a mess but they were pretty darn cute and had lots of fun.
Now onto my Birthday.
This may have been an accurate scene of chaos when Adam brought home flowers and it was a race between Grace and Max to present them.

We had dinner at Marketstreet Grill that weekend with my dad, Jos, Jessica and her gang.
Marketstreet- good as always.
Josie was laughing at Grace posing for the camera.
Nothing new to see here folks, it's a regular occurrence at our house.

Dinner was a birthday celebration and engagement celebration (for Jessica).
Here is the happy couple.

Thanks Dad for taking all of us out.




The big 28.
Twenty eight years old that is.
The same age my mom was when she had me.
Two years closer to 30 (like Adam).
A whole new year to be a new me.
I'm really wanting it to be a good one.
It's up to me.
As I've been thinking about the things in my personal life I'm working on,
I read this:

natalienortonblog.com/
(the ROAR post)

Inspiring.
Hope to be feeling the same way by 29.


Jessica and I spent my birthday (thanks to very generous friends) getting our nails done at the best Asian salon in Fashion Place Mall and having lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.
It was really fun to hang out sans kids in the middle of the day.
That night Adam and I got to go out- again, thanks friends.
I'm just overwhelmed at the love shown and that I feel for so many people in my life.
Life has been good to me. I hope to be good to it and have something good and refined to show for it at the end.
I'm also thankful for my birthday- the memories of being a kid and all the things my mom would do and for the fact that I know for sure that my mom and I were together that blustery, snowy, night I was born (two months early).
That's a good feeling.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good birthday. You deserve it! I love that first picture of Grace and Max, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you Birthday was great!!! Love the flour picture! I bet the kids had a fabulous time, sometimes it's the memories and fun times that matter, you can always clean the mess later!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet family you have! I'm glad you had a good birthday--you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were born two months early? Your lucky mother! :)

    I'm so glad you got pampered on your birthday. You deserve a good break (once a week... am i right or am i right, eh?)

    i just LOVE that photo of the kids knocking Adam to the ground, stomping on his arms, taking the flowers away and lovingly rushing you with them.... so freaking sweet!!!

    i can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete