Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at Gram & Grampy's

We spent Christmas at my parents house in Coalville. It was a good day especially because my mom was there and able to come in for a minute to watch the grandkids open some presents. This is also the first Christmas Grace has really been excited for so she had a lot of fun. Here are some pics:


Grace shows Max the ropes to opening a present on Christmas Eve. We always get a new pair of p.j's to wear to bed that night.

We had a hit with the jumparoo for Max, he was all smiles for a while.


Stalkings. . .a good way to lose an arm.


Max and dad ready for high adventure.


Grandpa Higgins and his two glitzy grandaughters, Chloe in her party dress and Grace in her 'Dora splora' dress.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I'm especially grateful for the Christmas we had this year. I'm mostly grateful to celebrate Christmas and the Savior's birth. It is because of the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that we can be families forever and have the hope that we can be together always. Merry Christmas!




13 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Al! Grace and Max are too cute! I love the picture of Chloe and Grace with Ted... that's great you got to be with family this Christmas! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all got to be together on Christmas. Those are such cute pictures! That Max is such a Ted Jr. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids look so cute. I'm so glad you got to spend Christmas as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! It brings tears to my eyes that your Mother was able to actually come in a watch for a minute or two.

    Please let me watch the kids this week . . .we loved having them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison, Cat just gave me your blog site. Elaine Huntsman just called with news about mom, we've known about hospise coming in for a little while now, I'm sorry. I can only give my love and sympathy. I'm glad to see you got one more Christmas with her. My mom and dad give their best regards to you and your daddy. Hold him tight for us. We love you and you are all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great pictures and I second Ami that Max is Ted Jr!!

    And Chole is sooo big!!

    I also just wanted to let you know Nate and I are thinking about you and your family!! Your mom helped us out so much when Nate was going to school there. We are forever greatful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you have a great Christmas! I'm glad you were able to spend it wil all your family, that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Allison! We miss you guys...we leave for a week and it feels like forever...we'll get together soon! I'm glad you got to be with your family and had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I know why your mom was fighting so hard, she wanted to spend one more Christmas with you guys. I am so glad she was able to join you even if it was just for a minute!
    That picture of Max in the jumperoo is priceless! That was by far Jaxon's favorite toy. We called it the pooperoo after a while, I wonder if it will have the same effect on Max; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing how wonderful friends and family are? It was so wonderful to see you and your beautiful family! I look back on memories of my dad's funeral...and although "funeral" is a sad word, I only remember how happy I was to see so many special people who love us. We love you! Your children are ADORABLE!!! ~Britt
    (hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog list)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guys this is Mark Turpin. I'm very very excited to see that you guys have a blog! Looks like your christmas was great. Hope everything is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moons! Hi! We are excited you have a blog and found us. It has been soo long since we have seen you. I don't think we have even seen a pic of either of your kids. They are cuties! Hope you are doing well. We are doing great. Excited for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a blog stalker! But who can resist checking out your blog with those 2 sweet kids of yours! Allison, I feel so out of the loop. I am sorry about your Mom, I had no idea. I am glad you were able to spend some time with her and one last Christmas. It´s hard to find the right words, but just know that I am thinking about you and love your little family lots!

    ReplyDelete