It's called. . .
Adam and I packed up the car and the kids and took a last minute trip to Zion National Park last Friday. We needed a break and some time to spend together as a family so we did a marathon car trip (5hrs one way), got the last available hotel room in Springdale, and got outside! Words can't express how great it was to get outdoors and be surrounded by all the beauty and majesty of great big sandstone walls, green vegetation, and a flowing river. I suddenly felt renewed and that everything was good in the world. I need to take time more often to go somewhere quiet and beautiful where you can really feel God's hand. Needless to say, it was a great trip and over way too soon!
Grace was interested in being our tour guide with Max in her arms and a map in her hand.
Stretching for the big hike. This was actually hilarious because we walked 5 yards and Grace started complaining her legs hurt. I've seen this girl run for hours with no sweat, she just didn't want to hike. To ease the pain Adam showed her how to stretch and Adam and I were both trying to hide our smiles because Grace was serious business. Any tips anyone to get your kids to want to go on the same hikes as mom and dad without friends?
This is near the mouth of the Narrows. Grace and I went tromping through the water but by the time it was up to her knees, Grace was ready to beat it out of there.
This staircase leads down to a small river.
Stream on the side of the trail, the colors are really incredible.
Scrumptious ice cream.








aw you lucky ducks.. i've been wanting to go to Zions and Bryce nat'l parks for-ev-er!! loving the pictures!! especially the one with Grace and Adam very serious about not wanting to "pull a hammy"! so funny!
ReplyDeleteas for trying to get Grace to WANT to go hiking... you can do what Taylor does with me... he just ties a candybar to the back of his backpack and then starts to walk... he KNOWS i'm back there every step of the way. works every time.
love you guys!!
What a fun vacation! I love how Max is always so happy! What a cute little guy! Grace is getting so bit! You have such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteWow. You know how to make a person jealous!! We love Zion's and totally miss the mountains in the West. What a lovely weekend!! You guys are so cute. I just love hearing about what you're up to.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous. I have never been and totally want to go - maybe I will just have to do the same thing you guys did and pack up and leave! Make it a surprise!
ReplyDeleteHow fun and pretty! It looks so nice there. I might have to suggest it to Todd!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally jealous........ of the picture of Grace eating ice cream.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! I'm so glad you found some peace on earth. You sure don't find it when you go running in the morning though! ;) Sorry...I know that's not a laughing matter!
ReplyDelete