Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Utah Arts Festival

My dad, Chloe, Floyd (Jessica's kids) and I went to the Utah Arts Festival today. This is one of my favorite things to do every summer. I remember going as a kid too. Luckily it wasn't 104 degrees like it usually is (although it was in the 90s). It's a great place to go with good food, lots of life music and entertainment, and fun things to look at. We went during lunch time and it was the best because there weren't mobs of people and I could actually look around- well as much as you can when trying to keep tabs on 4 kids :). If anyone needs something to do this weekend in SLC, hit the UAF. It's a great date or family outing because there is a lot to do for everyone. Also, kids 12 and under are free (adults are about $10 to get in). Here are some pics from our trip.



There is a waterfall below these guys that they are all checking out. It may have been the only few seconds all three of them were still at the same time.

Face painting was the main attraction for these three- thanks grandpa!


Just an art stand with some colorful paintings that I liked.

The UAF provides a free toddler area with fun things for the kids to to. Max loved the turtle full of legos. He jumped all the way in and swam in them for a while too. It was nice for him to get out of his stroller.

Yummy gelato.

Grace liked our stamps we got when entering the festival.


It must have been a good trip because this is what Grace and Max looked like about a half hour after we got home. Fun times. I love summer.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I love the pictures of them sleeping. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way fun, you guys always have the best adventures! I love the facepainting- pretty talented (i'd be the one painting black lines over people's lips and calling it a mustache- you can say it, I've got Skilz)
    ps. that thick silver ring... I'm impressed you have it after so many years!!!! like a decade, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy- Um yeah, my mom bought me that silver ring at the Provo Arts Festival when I was 16- so I've had it for 10 years. Crazy. I can't believe I've held onto it so long. Hopefully that's a good sign for my wedding ring :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! I love all the beautiful art and the face painting is amazing! It looks like it wore out the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun! I love the sleeping pictures! So cute. I LOVE Max's new haircut!

    ReplyDelete