Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Say a Prayer

This isn't my story to tell, nor do I want to drag any unnecessary limelight on those that don't want it, but in my experience- a few more prayers never hurt and always lift. These things are hard to articulate in the right way but the bottom line is, if you think about it say a prayer for my cousin Quinn and her family.
Quinn will be delivering her 3rd baby in the next few days, a baby boy named Graham.
Graham will not be on this earth long, but we pray it will be long enough for he and his mom, dad, brother, and sister to get a chance to meet each other.
We're praying for a good delivery.
We're praying for peace & comfort.
We're praying the time given will be enough
(which is pretty much impossible but Heavenly Father can make up the rest).
I'm praying my mom will be there for Quinn and my Aunt JoAnn.
I know she will be.
This feeling of heaven being so close is a bittersweet feeling.
I felt the same way when my mom was on her last leg.
It's weird that it's a familiar feeling now, but it's good.
Heavenly Father is merciful and I know he can provide the miracles that need to happen, even if they are different than we the miracles we would have.
If you think about it in the next few days,
please say a fervent prayer for the Lindsay family.
Thank You.
Quinn started a blog to record some of this crazy road she has walked. She hopes maybe someday it can help someone else in her unexpected shoes:

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I have been bawling all morning. Thank you for sharing Quinn's blog. I am definitely praying for her and her family. Her strength amazes me and I know she will be blessed for being such a wonderful mother. Please let me know if I can help with your kids or anything while you are helping her through this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the chills. I pray for them daily. She is amazingly strong and Graham is blessed to have such a good family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers and thoughts for Quinn and her sweet family. I agree, Graham is a very lucky and blessed baby to be with this family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers are with Quinn and her family at this tough time. Good luck to all of them! Hope the delivery goes well for her and her family! God bless them!

    ReplyDelete