Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Glacier Bay, AK

Jessica was our official photographer of the trip, so hopefully we'll get a bunch more pictures for documentation of our trip. Here are a few of the ones I took. Our first day at sea was in Glacier Bay. It was incredible. Adam's favorite thing about the trip was the glaciers and they were cool. I couldn't get over the chunks of ice floating in the water, it was crazy. It was a little bit rainy but not too bad. We spent a lot of the day in the 'Crows Nest' a big lookout/lounge/library room on the front of the ship. Definitely no room for complaints about being comfortable that is for sure.




The Crows Nest. A room surrounded by window to keep an eye out for whales and for sipping Coke.

This is a glacier. Pretty crazy. We saw some small pieces calve off of it. It was amazing.

Just a taste of the scenery.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! An Alaskan cruise in on my "to do before I die" list. I've never really wanted to go on a cruise, but that has to be the best way to tour Alaska. I LOVE the ocean out there. Did you see whales? I'm glad you got to do this with your family. You are making some great memories for you and your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! oh my gosh, totally a camera's dream to be there snapping up all those shots-- just beautiful!

    This is the coolest adventure... you guys are really lucky to have such an awesome (rich) father !!! (love ya, Ted!)

    ps Adam's specs are super hawt. Just out there on the boat playin' some racquetball, eh? Hoser? :) hahah!

    ReplyDelete