Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Juneau, Alaska

These pictures are all out of order, but oh well! This is Juneau, Alaska. This was my favorite stop- for sure. I'm not exactly sure why I loved it so much since we didn't spend much time and I mostly shopped (well, maybe that says it all I dunno) but it captured my heart and Adam's. We both want to go back to Juneau.
I remember in gradeschool learning about words with 3 vowels in a row and Juneau was always the example. I never would have imagined that I would be there and it would be so beautiful. I guess I just didn't expect it and the name game me some preconceived notion that it was a weird place. I dunno. My brain is crazy like that.
We ate at a fish shack along a dock and watched the airplanes come in and off the water. That was really cool. The first thing I saw from the ship in the morning when we were docking at Juneau was one of these planes and it was sweet.
The BEST halibut fish & chips ever. Jessica ordered the crab and as you can see, she got a whole one! It was tasty too.

Adam isn't much of a shopper- at all (don't ask me how he married into this family with Kathy Higgins as his mother in-law) so he took Max on a walking adventure and found a beautiful park to hang out in while Jessica, my dad, the kids, and I walked around and shopped around Juneau.
Here are some pics Adam took of the park. Check out the size of the trees and this crazy staircase he climbed with Max on his back.


Here is a shot down the main street in Juneau.




Grace saving Max from a bear.

Just off the ship and in port.
View from our ship- the MS Oosterdam
Hope to to be back someday.
Hopefully not on a cruise ship so Adam and I can hike around and spend some more time.
Don't get me wrong without the Oosterdam I never would have even experienced this much of Juneau. . . and without the Oosterdam
I may have come back without so much meat on my bones, I have to say the cruise buffet and 24/7 ice cream all week got the best of me.
What can I say, it was a good trip and great way to start with Juneau.
I heart Juneau.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had an amazing trip!! I love seeing your pictures. Alan and I have been talking about going (my brother/family live in Alaska) I think you're an amazing person, Allison. Your post are always so inspiring. I'm glad we can keep up w/ you guys through you bloggidity blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun! I'm a little jealous:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike your friend, Allison, i'm not just a little jealous- I'm TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!!!!! Seriously, I heart Juneau too!!!

    love love love the pics... they make me happy! You look awesome, Al- super cute
    and Jess with her crab the size of three of her heads is AWESOME!!!! i'm salivating outta control here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these pictures are great! It looks like such a fun time...I'm jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete