Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another Reminder. . . for me.

Another Reminder. . . that life is hard- for EVERYONE.
I've been sick this week over a couple of good friend's BIG trials.
All I want to do is fix things so nobody has to hurt, but I know I can't.
I know Heavenly Father could, but then it would take away all the growing.
Then I see the miracles that come in other's lives,
as challenges come to a wonderful end and excitement waits in the wings for them.
I'm also reminded how the Holy Ghost speaks and guides everyone, whether they recognize it's His voice or just a 'feeling' guiding them along a certain path.
I see the atonement and miracles Jesus Christ performs today for many, and in my limited understanding- it.is.amazing.
Life is changing.
There are a lot of really great things going on and a lot of big struggles I'm still figuring out.
Amid the ups and downs, confusion and clarity. . .one thing is certain-
the gospel of Jesus Christ is true in my heart and everyday more encompassing and amazing and I am thankful for it.
I am thankful for other's who allow the atonement into their lives.
I am learning and grateful for what I'm learning from them.
So. . .press on.
Continue having faith. Be positive. Have hope.
Pray like crazy for those on hard times.
Enjoy the great times. Enjoy wonderful friends and my time with them.
Enjoy and savor quality time with my kids.
Remember the miracles that come with hard work.
Remember that my Savior loves me.
He loves us all.

P.S. Grace had her Primary program today. It was great. My CTR 7 year old class did great too. I was especially glad to have family with us this year. I have loved practicing and learning new primary songs, they have brought the spirit into our home in abundance.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and such a true meaning. I think today's primary program was one of the best I've ever attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good friend Allison, you are always so concerned about everyone else. I'm glad the primary program went well. I heard the kids telling each other their parts the other day at lunch. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. Thanks for all your support, you truly do all you can to lift those when they're down, even if you're feeling down too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said! You are an amazing woman, thanks for posting that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having you as one of my official BFF's is such a huge blessing in my life... i love ya to pieces and look up to you so much.

    ReplyDelete