Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten











Yesterday was a good day- the first day of Kindergarten
for Grace.

Grace was really excited and as soon as her friend Maycie showed up at the bus stop, all was right with the world and she was off!

Adam and I were at the bus stop- camera in hand, along with all the other parents sending their young ones off.

I love this neighborhood.

It's been nothing but good for us and it's full of really good people that we love.

It was fun to see so many kids at the bus stop that we know and families that we love. That definitely helped ease the nerves know there were plenty of older kids who Grace knows that were there 'just in case'.

We followed the bus to school.

We waited to see Grace off into the school when the bell rang.

Let me just say, Grace rocked those red boots and the first day of Kindergarten.

She came smiling and happy off of the bus after school.

We finished off the afternoon making zucchini bread and playing Curious George games on the computer.


Today Grace was up early and ready to roll it again.

I'm so grateful the day went well and she even made a new friend at recess, which I was so relieved that she found someone to play with and that she is stepping out of her comfort zone a little in social settings.
School is good and exciting.

This new stage of life is interesting- when did I become the parent and not the teacher!?!

I'm just so glad to be experiencing this and that Kindergarten was a hit the first day.

Fingers crossed for the days to come.

Great job GRACE!!!

We love you!!!





4 comments:

  1. I want Grace's entire outfit in MY size!!!! Those red boots are fab! First day of kindergarten... crazy!! She's growing so fast. I'm glad she's already making new friends, she's going to shine in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie!! I love her red boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe Grace is old enough for school! They grow up WAY too fast!
    You look so good Al, we really need to catch up sometime and I love your door hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks adorable. Our kids are growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete