Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life

Life is hard.
Everyone's life is hard.
This life truly is a time for testing.
Looking around, there are so many challenges that plague us today.
Loss of children, Infertility, Unfaithful spouse, Loss of a spouse and loved ones, Depression & Anxiety, Health problems, the daily grind, Loneliness, Disabilities, children with disabilities, family crisises, jobs, and the list goes on.
I watch so many good people (and myself) struggle with one or more of these things and it is amazing that we all make through.
Today, I want to remind myself that nothing is easy. . .for anyone.
Along with this, the Savior is willing to lift and help everyone from these things that cause despair- all we have to do is ask in sincere prayer and He will be with us- me.
Something I am most grateful for (besides heavenly help)- FRIENDS.
The best part is we all get to help each other and love each other along the way.
Though I may not be able to take away someone else's struggle, I can be a good friend.
I have felt the blessing and true lifting power of good friends and I want to do that for others.
So. . . I guess that is all part of the big plan.
We are all here to help each other as Heavenly Father helps us.
I am so grateful for the gospel and friends in my life.
It makes all the difference.
Hope I can make a difference too.

2 comments:

  1. SO very true! I don't know where I would be without amazing friends who are such great examples for me! So THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al,
    I needed to read this today. Today has been hard- harder than the typical "twoyearolddrivesmecrazy" day. So thank you... thanks for reminding me that my friends and Savior are here to help me through. I'm thankful for you-- you've always been (and always will be) my Go-To girl for everything: advice, a good laugh, a good freakout, to cry on and everything in between. And I hope that i can be just like you.

    and you DO make a difference.

    ReplyDelete