Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grace's First Race

We had another 'first' for Grace last Saturday at the Utah Marathon Relay.
Adam ran on a team of 5 friends from work.
Each ran a 5 mile leg to complete an entire marathon.
Adam did awesome- better than he thought (I knew he would :).
It's mostly a fun race and Adam did it 2 years ago too, but wow! it's grown.
They had a Kid's K that morning too.
After bookin' it down to the spot, and squeezing Grace into the registration- Adam heard the start gun go off and bent down to pin on Grace's number.
They made it!!!
Grace tried really hard and she deserved that finishing metal.
Hopefully we're starting a family traditions of events like this, cause we enjoyed the morning.
Way to go you two cuties!
I love you guys!






*The doll was given to Grace by the Red Hat lady in the picture above. The kids that finished got a medal and got to pick out a donated stuffed animal- of course picked out the frilliest doll around and she hasn't let go of it since. I believer the doll's name is Emily- I'm not sure how that name was determined, but Emily is here to stay.
* I'm feeling like a proud momma and I had to document. I'm liking all these fun new things that come as my kids get older.

4 comments:

  1. YAAAY!!! GO GRACE!!! (and Adam!) that's awesome, her first race... what a champ. She looks so cute and proud of herself in that last photo... i love it!

    ps. You never have to apologize for being the proud mama... i'm usually that big freak show that people shy away from when I get on a roll. it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Grace!!! You did it!! You did alright Adam. I think we're going to put Simon in a one mile fun run next year.
    I think that is a great family tradition. That's how Jacob talked me into doing 5Ks. Now I love them, but that's as far as I can go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the pictures, they are so sweet. I love the ballet pictures. You have such cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't really ever considered putting my kids in a fun run. That's a great idea! Joseph enjoys running too, so this would be a great event. Those are awesome pictures and please tell Grace congratulations and a job well done from Jennifer and me!

    ReplyDelete