Grace spent the night at Grandpa's with her cousins Friday, so Adam and I decided to get up really early and go on a hike to Dog Lake Saturday morning before we had to go and pick Grace up. The hike was well worth it, the morning was beautiful and not crawling with people! The dog lake we hiked to is up Millcreek Canyon. It felt so nice to get outside and do something both Adam and I love to do together.
Max was a happy camper even though we woke him up early. He loves to ride in the backpack.
Adam and Max.
OK, so the hike was longer than .3 miles, I think it was a little over 4 miles round trip- not huge but enough to get us out.
A nice guy along the trail took our picture. I'm not quite sure why I'm standing weird but whatever:).
This is dog lake. The lakes in the Wasatch Mtns are a lot smaller than the lakes I remember seeing as a kid in the Tetons, but it was still pretty. When we got there a bunch of dogs were already swimming. I'm trying to figure out if they called it 'Dog Lake' and then people brought their dogs, or if there were so many people with dogs they name it 'Dog Lake'. Beats me.
The fall colors haven't quite hit yet, only on a few leaves on the ground.
Later on Saturday we met Adam's sister and her family up at Silver Lake at Brighton for a stroll too. It's a great place for families to walk around. Adam got the bad end of the stick and was stuck carrying both kids most the way even though we brought a stroller. Good thing he's buff.
Max was a happy camper even though we woke him up early. He loves to ride in the backpack.
Adam and Max.
OK, so the hike was longer than .3 miles, I think it was a little over 4 miles round trip- not huge but enough to get us out.
A nice guy along the trail took our picture. I'm not quite sure why I'm standing weird but whatever:).
This is dog lake. The lakes in the Wasatch Mtns are a lot smaller than the lakes I remember seeing as a kid in the Tetons, but it was still pretty. When we got there a bunch of dogs were already swimming. I'm trying to figure out if they called it 'Dog Lake' and then people brought their dogs, or if there were so many people with dogs they name it 'Dog Lake'. Beats me.
The fall colors haven't quite hit yet, only on a few leaves on the ground.
Later on Saturday we met Adam's sister and her family up at Silver Lake at Brighton for a stroll too. It's a great place for families to walk around. Adam got the bad end of the stick and was stuck carrying both kids most the way even though we brought a stroller. Good thing he's buff. It was a great time to get outside in the nice weather and enjoy the mountains before it gets too cold.




aw man, I'm totally envious of all the great hiking you have around there (i'm sure we do too.... but i'm WAY too lazy to go out and find them!) but dangit, you guys look great! I personally love the way you're standing in that photo... SOMEONE'S been watching Tyra Banks' Top Model show.... hahah! Love it!
ReplyDeleteps.... I shall forever call him: "Adam the-beast-of-burden Moon"... it's long and awkward to say, but it just might stick
I'm not sure if I would say "ALL that hiking" cause this was my first one all summer, it feels like. Adam goes 1 time a week, but with an almost 4 year old that doesn't like the outdoors, it's rough. Oh well, at least we get a little!
ReplyDeleteCute! Sorry we missed you when you were in Coalville. We need a girls night out or a play date soon:)
ReplyDelete