Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Memories

I just need to write this trip down so I remember it. Last week since all of the kids were out of schoool for UEA, I took Jessica's kids and mine up to the cabin to meet my dad for a couple of days. Fall does not get any better for me than it gets at the cabin and in the Tetons, it was beautiful! We had a fun time at the cabin and we took a day trip into Teton National Park and Jackson to get the kids out and it was great. Maybe it's the familiarity of this area, but I love it and it reminds me of being a kid and all the many good memories I've had here with my parents and sister, it's fun now I have my own kids and family to take. P.S. Adam loves it too, he was bummed that he was sitting behind a desk for these couple of days while we got out. I'm so grateful to him for being so supportive of the things I like to do- especially when he's stuck 'working for the The Man' as we like to call it. This isn't the Grand Teton, I think it's Mt. Owen- it was gorgeouse.
This is a bridge over Jenny's Lake. The kids were all throwing rocks and Max was bummed he was stuck on the bridge looking down at them, but eventually he figured out he could throw rocks off the bridge too.


I love this sweet boy.

This is about right- Chloe posing for the camera, Grace shoving Nerds into her mouth, Floyd climbing on something and Max watching the craziness.

I've just got to say that the mountain lakes in the Tetons are so incredible. Utah has lakes, but not like these.

At the cabin.




The view from the front porch of the cabin. I know I'm prejudice but this is one of the best views in the entire world for me, always beautiful and always peaceful.


I love fall, it's a good time full of memories and good things and changes. I'm so grateful that some things in life never change even as our lives change. I imagine heaven has got to hold a lot of these great things as well cause I've heard it's a pretty good place and I can't imagine somewhere better than this for me.








4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I'm super jealous! The pictures of your dad/Max and your dad/Floyd are priceless. You're such a good mom and aunt.

    P.S. Adam; don't let the man get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, I'm glad you had fun. Life has been crazy lately, but hopefully it is slowing down. We need to get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun - and I bet the front porch view your children will love too as they get older.

    Hey thanks for thinking of little old us for going pumpkin hunting - I thought we would have to go it alone with me trying to get comfortable in the truck - now I actually might want to get out after surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What BEAUTIFUL pictures. How lucky you are to have grown up seeing that, and now get to take your kids there. NOTHING like the mountains.

    ReplyDelete