Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sunrise


Today looks like a snow globe outside- it's been that way ALL day!
Last week I took this picture of the sunrise and it helps me remember spring really will come.
I really have a hard time getting up early to go the gym or run (just ask my too patient friends who have come by a time or two to pick me up and all that is waiting for them is my dark house with me inside asleep), but when I do it's always rewarding- not just the exercise but I get to see things like this- the sunrise over the Wasatch Mountains.
If I was still in bed, I'd totally miss this.
The beauty reminds me to take time to recognize God's hand in my life first thing everyday.
How truly marvelous God is to give us such beauty in the Earth purely for us to enjoy.
I am so grateful.
Heavenly Father is so merciful.

3 comments:

  1. exercising in the morning is sinful in our home... exercising at all has been a little taboo in fact!

    but if mornings like THIS are what i'd see... well, i might just have to get Taylor to push me around the neighborhood in our radio flyer wagon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Needed a little pick me up like that today! :)

    ReplyDelete