Our Family

Our Family
This is a blog about our family. My journal of our adventures. We're just trying to do our best raising 2 crazy kids (or maybe we're the crazy ones). Eight years of marriage under our belts, and still lots of new adventures and surprises on this road called life.


In loving memory of my mom- Kathleen Nelson Higgins May 11, 1954-December 29, 2008. She is my warrior and I wear pink in honor of her.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boys

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep boys out of the fridge!?! This is a regular occurrence at our house. I had no idea this whole 'boys eating you out of house and home' began so soon.

7 comments:

  1. That's a cute picture! I still haven't found a good fridge lock. Abigail's always in the fridge giving food out to all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to get mad at him when he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny! Hopefully he doesn't make too big of a mess for you! Good luck keeping him out! Max is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad he has some manners and got a spoon to steal food rather than just use his hands. What a gentleman. We have a side by side fridge rather than a top and bottom one. It's too heavy for Simon to open. A fridge lock would probably be a cheaper investment though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kitchen aid mixer was next to our fridge when we had this problem. I affixed a string through our fridge door and looped it around the kitchen aid. It wasn't going anywhere and it only took a couple of weeks before we didn't have to use it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have the same issue... but Ava, (like every other woman I know) just opens the fridge door and stares inside.... like SOMETHING's gonna pop out at her. I spend 95% of my day yelling, "CLOSE THE REFRIGERATOR, AVA!!!!!" she laughs at me.

    oh, and she laughs at the door lock we put on there... she honestly rolls her eyes when she pushes the button to bypass security. Oh the SASS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy, that's exactly what my daughter does! Opens the fridge and stares. All day. And now my older son does it too. I think that's why my electric bill is up. The lock worked for about a week until she saw how her siblings opened it. I finally pulled it off. Good luck with that, Allison!

    ReplyDelete